Simple Eaters, we teamed up with GLAUX CHEM® to create this fantastic smoothie packed with essential nutrients that can help with common issues… like eczema. Focusing on specific anti-inflammatory ingredients, such as the ones listed in this recipe below, can help with preventing flare-ups. Although individuals that deal with eczema may each have a different experience, any chronic illness should be treated according to ones individual physical response to any dietary changes.
The goal is to eat with purpose so that you give your body what it needs, so that it can continue to heal itself over time. Make sure to be consistent with the necessary changes that you choose to make, and remember to keep it simple and fun! Now lets head to the kitchen and grab the necessary appliances to make this delicious recipe come alive.
The good news is there are things you can do to naturally tame your eczema – such as being conscious of your diet. This list of foods, to eat and to avoid, is intended to help you manage your flare-ups and avoid taking that dreaded trip to the dermatologist.
Here are the Nutritional Highlights for this recipe:
COCOYO Living Coconut Yogurt: is vegan, gluten free & Non-GMO. It’s a great substitute for dairy or anything that may contain nuts. Each jar contains probiotics to help support healthy digestion.
Oat Milk: besides being plant based, it’s a great substitute for your nut milk… especially for those who are allergic to nuts and/or seeds.
Sweet Potato: is high in potassium & contains tons of beta carotene, which helps to maintain healthy skin & eyes, as well as our immune system.
Hemp Seeds: are a complete source of protein, and contain substantial amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, which are really important for Eczema.
Spiced Coconut Ginger Smoothie
Recipe Serves: 2-3
- 8oz COCOYO living Coconut Yogurt
- 8oz Oat Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Potato Puree
- 2 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground Ginger
- Hand full of Ice
How to make your Smoothie:
- All of your ingredients should be placed in a blender and blended until smooth.
- Serve in your favorite wine glass or any cup of your choice.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add more oat milk or water to thin in out and Enjoy!
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Soy Free
- Nut Free
- You have 2 options when it comes to the sweet potato purée. You can either make it from scratch: baking or boiling your sweet potato, remove the skin, and then transferring it to a blender or food processor to purée until smooth.
- Or you can purchase a can of puréed sweet potato from Whole Foods, Walmart or even you local grocer. Make sure what you’re purchasing contains no added additives or sweeteners.
- Blender or Food Processor
- Wine Glass
For a healthy way to introduce natural stress-relieving recipes to your diet, check out my CBD-Infused Recipe eBook, available online. My other newest eBook, 21 Days Get Fit with Real Food is also available online. If you’d like to catch more tips and advice for healthy eating and cooking like a chef, be sure to follow me on Instagram at OfficialChefT, check out SimpleEatsTV on YouTube, and find my podcast, Simple Eats w/ Chef T, on iTunes, Google Play, Overcast, Pocket Cast, and Radio Public.